Lisa Olivia Munn is an actress and former TV host from the United States. She started her job as a TV host for the gaming network G4. Later, she became a correspondent for Jon Stewart’s The Daily Show.
She is known for playing Sloan Sabbith on The Newsroom, a political drama on HBO. In addition to her work on TV, Munn has been in a number of movies.
She had small parts in Iron Man 2, Magic Mike, and Date Night, and she was the main character in the science fiction movie The Predator. She was also in the History Channel show Six, and in The Lego Ninjago Movie, she was the character of Koko.
Olivia Munn Biography
Lisa Olivia Munn, also known as Lisa Munn, was born on July 3, 1980, in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States. She is an actress and has been active in the entertainment industry since 1999. She studied at the University of Oklahoma and holds a Bachelor’s degree. Currently, she is in a relationship with John Mulaney since 2021, and they have one child together.
Munn dated Aaron Rodgers in the past, and she is now with John Mulaney. They told everyone in September 2021 that they were expecting, and their son was born in November 2021. In honor of Munn’s Vietnamese roots, they gave their son a middle name.
Munn was in the movie Deliver Us from Evil, which made her believe in the supernatural. She has a karate black belt. In 2017, Munn said that film director Brett Ratner had harassed and hurt her sexually. She has backed groups like “Me Too” and “Time’s Up.”
Family Background | Education
Olivia Munn was born in Oklahoma City on July 3, 1980. Her mother, Kimberly Schmid, is Vietnamese, and her father, Winston Munn, has German, Irish, and English roots. After the Vietnam War ended in 1975, her mother came to the United States as a refugee.
Munn has an older brother named James who runs a custom motorcycle shop and a younger brother named John who is a physicist. His older sisters are named Annie and Sara, and Sara is a lawyer. When Munn was two years old, her parents got a split, and her mom married an Air Force member.
They moved to Utah and lived there until 1986. Then, when Munn’s dad got a new job at Yokota Air Base near Tachikawa, they moved to Tokyo, Japan. Munn has said that her dad was mean and hurtful with his words.
Munn’s mother got a divorce from her stepfather when she was 16 and went back to Oklahoma City with her kids. Munn spent her junior and senior years at Putnam City North High School. After that, she went to the University of Oklahoma and got a B.A. in writing with minors in Japanese and dramatic arts.
Lisa Olivia Munn is an American actress and former TV host who is known for her parts in The Newsroom, Iron Man 2, and X-Men: Apocalypse. She has also worked for Nike, Pepsi, and Neutrogena on their advertising efforts.
Men’s Health, FHM, and Playboy, among others, have all written about Munn. She wrote a book called “Suck It, Wonder Woman” that shows parts of her life.
Activism | Charity Work
Munn has been a part of many efforts to help animals and protect the environment. In 2011, she helped judge the entries for DoSomething.org’s Green Your School Challenge. Munn also helped PETA get an elephant out of a circus and posed for their “I’d Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur” promotion.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, she used her voice to speak out against racism, harassment, and attacks against Asian people. She also took part in a roundtable discussion with CBS News about the problem. Munn is also in the 2021 short film “Save Ralph” by Humane Society International, which is about animal research.
Olivia Munn started her work in 2004 when she became a co-host on the G4 show “Attack of the Show!” She stayed with the show until 2010. During that time, she also had small parts in movies like “Scarecrow Gone Wild” (2004) and “Big Stan” (2007).
Munn got her big break when she was cast as Sloan Sabbith on the HBO drama series “The Newsroom” in 2010. The show was well-liked by critics and ran for three seasons until 2014. This helped Munn become a well-known actor in Hollywood. During this time, she also acted in movies like “Iron Man 2” (2010) and “Magic Mike” (2012).
From 2015 on, Munn kept working as an actor. He played important parts in movies like “X-Men: Apocalypse” (2016) and “The Predator” (2018). She also had a regular part on the TV show “The Rook” in 2019 and was in the comedy “Violet” in 2021.
Munn has used her career to speak out about social and political problems like animal rights and racism against Asians. She has also spoken out in support of the Me Too and Time’s Up movements, talking about her own experiences with sexual harassment and assault in the entertainment business.
Olivia Munn Filmography
- 2004: Scarecrow Gone Wild – as Lisa Munn (Girl #1)
- 2004: National Lampoon’s Strip Poker – as Lisa Munn (Herself)
- 2005: The Road to Canyon Lake – as Lisa Munn (Asian Mob Girl)
- 2007: Big Stan – as Maria
- 2008: Insanitarium – as Nancy
- 2009: The Slammin’ Salmon – as Samara Dubois
- 2010: Date Night – as Claw Hostess
- 2010: Iron Man 2 – as Chess Roberts
- 2010: Jedi Junkies – as Herself
- 2011: I Don’t Know How She Does It – as Momo Hahn
- 2012: Magic Mike – as Joanna
- 2012: The Babymakers – as Audrey Macklin
- 2012: Freeloaders – as Madeline
- 2014: Unity – as Narrator (documentary)
- 2014: Deliver Us from Evil – as Jen Sarchie
- 2015: Mortdecai – as Georgina Krampf
- 2016: Ride Along 2 – as Maya Cruz
- 2016: Zoolander 2 – as Herself
- 2016: X-Men: Apocalypse – as Elizabeth Braddock / Psylocke
- 2016: Office Christmas Party – as Tracey Hughes
- 2017: The Lego Ninjago Movie – as Koko (voice role)
- 2018: Ocean’s 8 – as Herself (uncredited)
- 2018: The Predator – as Casey Brackett
- 2019: The Buddy Games – as Tiffany
- 2019: Dick Move – as Agatha
- 2020: Love Wedding Repeat – as Dina
- 2021: Violet – as Violet
- 2021: Save Ralph – as a rabbit (short film)
- 2021: America: The Motion Picture – as Thomas Edison (voice role)
- 2021: The Gateway – as Dhalia Jode
- 2006-2010: Attack of the Show! – as Herself (co-host)
- 2006-2007: Beyond the Break – as Mily Acuna (recurring role, seasons 1-2; 9 episodes)
- 2008-2009: Sasuke – as Herself (competitor; 2 episodes)
- 2009: Greek – as Lana (4 episodes)
- 2009: Dave Knoll Finds His Soul – as Girl #1 (television film)
- 2010: Accidentally on Purpose – as Nicole (episode: “Face Off”)
- 2010-2011: The Daily Show with Jon Stewart – as Herself (correspondent)
- 2010: Chuck – as Greta (episode: “Chuck Versus the Anniversary”)
- 2010-2011: Perfect Couples – as Leigh (main role)
- 2011: Robot Chicken – as Dr. Liz Wilson (voice role; episode: “Kramer vs. Showgirls”)
- 2012-2014: The Newsroom – as Sloan Sabbith (main role)
- 2012: Paulilu Mixtape – as Katie (episode: “Ghost Tits”)
- 2012-2013: New Girl – as Angie (3 episodes)
Our blog is one of the fast-rising blogs that provide individuals with all the background information about celebrities around the world. You can also check out the full Wikipedia biography and net worth of Daniel Radcliffe. Thank you for reading the full biographical information of Munn.
My ambition as a child was to become an accountant, but life took me to where I am today. Blogging became one of my Hobby since I was 16, and I took it as a profession when I turned 22.