Samuel Leroy Jackson was the only child of Elizabeth Harriett (mother) and Roy Henry Jackson (father), He grew up in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Let’s know more about his family, Wife, Daughter, Marriage, and Parents.
Family – Parents
Samuel L. Jackson, an accomplished American actor and producer, grew up in a complicated family situation.
His father lived apart from the family and died of alcoholism, leaving Jackson with limited memories of him.
Jackson was mostly raised by his mother, who worked in a factory and later became a supplies buyer for a mental institution, as well as his maternal grandparents and extended family.
He has discovered through DNA tests that he has partial ancestry from the Benga people of Gabon and became a citizen of Gabon in 2019.
Jackson attended several segregated schools and graduated from Riverside High School in Chattanooga, where he played several instruments in the school orchestra.
Initially, he aimed to pursue marine biology, but after discovering his love for acting in college, he switched his major and graduated with a BA in drama. Jackson was deeply impacted by the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. in 1968.
Despite having a stutter, he learned to use his acting skills to “pretend to be other people who didn’t stutter”. He still struggles with stuttering today.
He participated in an equal rights protest march in Memphis, Tennessee and was even involved in a student protest at Morehouse College, where he was eventually charged with unlawful confinement and suspended for two years.
After serving his suspension, he returned to Los Angeles to work as a social worker before returning to Atlanta, where he became involved in the Black Power movement.
However, before he could engage in any dangerous activities, his mother moved him to Los Angeles after the FBI warned her of potential danger. Despite rumors of his involvement with the Black Panther Party, he denies ever being a member.
Samuel L. Jackson got married to actress and producer LaTanya Richardson in 1980. They met each other while studying at Morehouse College. The couple has a daughter named Zoe, born in 1982. In 2009, they established their own charity organization to support education.
Samuel L. Jackson wife, LaTanya Richardson is also an American actress who started her career with off-Broadway productions. She then went on to play supporting roles in films and on television.
His wife has acted in numerous films like Fried Green Tomatoes, Malcolm X, Sleepless in Seattle, when a Man Loves a Woman, Losing Isaiah, Lone Star, U.S. Marshals, and The Fighting Temptations.
Samuel L Jackson Wife Biography
His wife was born in Atlanta, Georgia. She met actor Samuel L. Jackson while studying at Spelman College in Atlanta in 1970. Born born October 21, 1949.
After having their daughter, Richardson stopped working regularly to prioritize their family and their goal of being a “revolutionary black family.”
Samuel L Jackson Daughter
Zoe Jackson his daughter, was born on March 28, 1982, in the United States. She is a film and television producer and assistant director, known for her work on popular shows like “RuPaul’s Drag Race,” “Top Chef,” and “Top Chef Jr.” His daughter is currently at the age of 41 years old.
Few Facts About Samuel L Jackson
- Samuel L. Jackson is a golf lover and has a clause in his contracts that allows him to play golf during film shoots.
- He supports the Toronto Raptors and the Harlem Globetrotters for basketball and Liverpool FC and Bohemian FC for football.
- Samuel L. Jackson was a campaigner for Barack Obama during the 2008 Democratic Primary and has spoken about how Barack represents the American Dream
- In 2013, he launched a joint campaign with Prizeo to raise money to fight Alzheimer’s disease
- He became a vegan in 2013 for health reasons and lost 40 lbs as a result
- He started a campaign called “One for the Boys” to raise awareness of testicular cancer among men.
- Samuel L. Jackson has Gabonese citizenship and descends partially from the Benga ethnic group.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, he encouraged people to wear masks and to donate blood if they have recovered from the virus.
- He also appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live to read a satirical book spreading awareness of social distancing.
My ambition as a child was to become an accountant, but life took me to where I am today. Blogging became one of my Hobby since I was 16, and I took it as a profession when I turned 22.