Greg Davies is a Welsh comedian, actor, presenter, and writer. Before starting his career in comedy, Davies was a drama teacher for 13 years at secondary schools such as Langleywood School in Slough, Orleans Park School in Twickenham, and Sandhurst School in Sandhurst.
Greg Davies: He is a 55-year-old British comedian, actor, writer, and presenter.
Greg Davies Biography
He was born on May 14, 1968, in St Asaph, Denbighshire, Wales, to Welsh parents who lived in England. His father took his mother across the border to Wales so that Greg could play rugby for the Welsh national team. He grew up in Wem and studied at Thomas Adams School before attending Brunel University in London, where he studied English and Drama.
Stand-Up Comedy Career
Greg Davies began his comedy career in 2002, and he is known for his height of 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m). He appeared on the children’s TV show, Dick & Dom in da Bungalow in 2003, playing a character of himself named “Massive Greg.”
Davies played a caricature of cricketer W. G. Grace in a series of adverts for Channel 4’s television coverage of The Ashes in 2005. In 2007, he was nominated for three Chortle Awards, including “Breakthrough Act” for his solo stand-up act and “Best Sketch, Variety or Character Act” and “Best Full-Length Show” as part of the sketch team We Are Klang.
Davies’ first solo stand-up show, Firing Cheeseballs at a Dog, was nominated for the Fosters Edinburgh Comedy Awards at the Edinburgh Festival in 2010. He went on his first-ever tour the following autumn. He was also nominated for the Edinburgh Fringe’s Malcolm Hardee “Act Most Likely to Make a Million Quid” Award.
Davies began acting in 2008, playing Mr Gilbert in the E4 British comedy The Inbetweeners. He continued this role in The Inbetweeners Movie and The Inbetweeners 2.
In 2013, he starred in Channel 4’s Man Down as Dan, a teacher who dislikes his job, alongside Rik Mayall as his father. Following Mayall’s death, the show returned for a second series in 2015. Since 2015, Davies has been the host of the popular UK panel game show Taskmaster.
He recorded a stand-up comedy special for Netflix called You Magnificent Beast in 2017. In 2021, he wrote and starred in the BBC One comedy series The Cleaner as Paul “Wicky” Wickstead. He is also the current host of Never Mind the Buzzcocks on Sky Max, which was revived in 2021.
Greg Davies, the comedian and actor, is currently not married and likes to keep his personal life private. He was in a relationship with Labour Party politician Liz Kendall for eight years before they separated in 2015. 
Greg Davies’s girlfriend, Liz Kendall is a British politician who has been an MP for Leicester West since 2010.   She was born on June 11, 1971, and studied history at Queens’ College, Cambridge. Kendall ran for the Labour leadership in 2015 and was viewed as the Blairite candidate.
There is no information available about his current girlfriend or wife. Davies lives in the Kennington area of London and is a big supporter of the Welsh rugby team. He claims to be descended from Owain the Great.
Greg Davies have won awards like the Leicester Mercury Comedian of the Year and Time Out Best Stand-Up Comedian. He performs extensively throughout the UK and his shows have been well-received. He is also known for his charity work and has climbed mountains to raise money for charity.
Davies is friendly and approachable despite his towering height, and his self-deprecating humor and wit make him popular worldwide. He was in a relationship with politician Liz Kendall for eight years and is a passionate supporter of the Welsh rugby team.
- 2011: Firing Cheeseballs at a Dog
- 2013: The Back of My Mum’s Head
- 2018: You Magnificent Beast
- 2003: Dick & Dom in da Bungalow (Massive Greg)
- 2006: Girls? Eugh! (Uncredited)
- 2007: The Musical Storytellers Ginger & Black (Mr Hopkirk)
- 2007: Saxondale (Dunc)
- 2007-08: CBBC Office (Various characters)
- 2008: The Wall (Various characters)
- 2008-10: The Inbetweeners (Mr Gilbert)
- 2009: We Are Klang (Greg)
- 2010-11: Ask Rhod Gilbert (Himself)
- 2011: Fast and Loose (Himself)
- 2011: The Inbetweeners Movie (Mr Gilbert)
- 2012-19: Cuckoo (Ken Thompson)
- 2013-17: Man Down (Dan)
- 2014: This Is Jinsy (Jennitta Bishard)
- 2014: The Inbetweeners 2 (Mr Gilbert)
- 2014: Rik Mayall: Lord of Misrule (Himself)
- 2015-present: Taskmaster (Himself/The Taskmaster)
- 2015: A Gert Lush Christmas (Uncle Tony)
- 2015: Doctor Who (King Hydroflax)
- 2016: Travel Man (Himself)
- 2016: Asterix: The Mansions of the Gods (The Centurion – English dub)
- 2017: Who Do You Think You Are? (Subject)
- 2017: Comic Relief 2017 (Himself)
- 2018: Teen Titans Go! To the Movies (Balloon Man – voice)
- 2019: The Inbetweeners: Fwends Reunited (Himself)
- 2019: Greg Davies: Looking for Kes (Himself)
- 2020: Taskmaster NZ (Himself – Video message cameo, Series 1, Episode 7)
- 2021-present: The Cleaner (Paul Wickstead; also series creator and writer)
- 2021-present: Never Mind the Buzzcocks (Himself/Presenter)
- 2022: The Horne Section TV Show (Himself – Episode 1)
Our blog is one of the fast-rising blogs that provide individuals with all the background information about celebrities around the world. You can also check out the full Wikipedia biography and net worth of Trenton Simpson. Thank you for reading the full biographical information of Greg.