The CERN Administrative Student Programme 2024 is a paid internship available for undergraduate and master’s students studying administrative fields.
This program provides students with the chance to work in various areas such as translation, human resources, business administration, logistics, law, finance, accounting, library and information science, engineering management, science communication, education, audiovisual, communication and public relations, psychology, and audit.
To be eligible, you must be a national of CERN Member or Associate Member States, have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies, remain a full-time student during the internship, and possess a good knowledge of English or French.
The application process is online, and the deadline is March 11, 2024. Approximately 50 students are chosen annually, and the results will be announced no later than mid-June 2024.
Please note that students in STEM/engineering fields are not eligible for this position; instead, they should consider applying for the CERN Technical Student programme.
The CERN Administrative Student Programme 2024
Embark on a transformative journey with the CERN Administrative Student Programme 2024, a golden opportunity for students studying administration to immerse themselves in projects that are reshaping the world.
This prestigious programme, hosted by the renowned European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Switzerland, offers fully sponsored internships to undergraduate and master’s students, providing them with exposure to the world’s most sophisticated administrative approaches.
CERN, a globally recognized research center, is synonymous with groundbreaking contributions to science.
The administrative interns at CERN delve into diverse administrative topics, including translation, human resource management, business administration, law, finance, and more.
The program spans 2 to 12 months, allowing interns to integrate practical experience into their academic pursuits.
Setting Strong Foundations
Interns at CERN benefit from a multicultural and stimulating work environment. The exposure to varied experiences enhances their knowledge in administration, fostering confidence and professional growth.
This fully funded internship becomes a stepping stone for students to complete their final projects under the guidance of top-notch professionals.
To be part of this extraordinary experience, applicants must meet certain criteria:
- Nationality: The applicant must be a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State.
- Education: Completion of 18 months of undergraduate studies in an administrative field.
- Language Skills: Proficiency in English or French is a prerequisite.
- Duration: Applicants must commit to a minimum of 2 months and a maximum of 12 months.
- Full-Time Registration: Candidates should be full-time registered students until the completion of the internship.
- Exclusions: Students in STEM/Engineering fields are not eligible.
How to Apply
- Click on the “I’m interested” button on the official website.
- Sign in through Linkedin, Smartprofile, or Indeed.
- Upload your resume and provide accurate personal details.
- Add academic details and work experience.
- Include a motivational message expressing your commitment to the CERN internship.
- Copy of the most recent academic transcript.
- Reference letter from a university professor.
- Second reference letter if the candidate has prior internship experience.
Benefits of the CERN Administrative Student Programme
Interns enjoy a comprehensive package of benefits, including:
- Internship contract for 2-12 months.
- Monthly allowance of 3407 Swiss Francs (net of tax).
- Covered travel allowance.
- Supplementary grant for married or candidates with children.
- Medical insurance provided (with allowance deducted from pay).
- Monthly 2.5 paid leaves.
The last date to submit an online application is March 11, 2024.
Embarking on the CERN Administrative Student Programme in 2024 opens doors to unparalleled learning and growth.
The blend of theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in a world-renowned institution like CERN creates a solid foundation for future success.