The Global Citizen Scholarship welcomes international and DACA students, as well as young African leaders. Different organizations offer this scholarship, each with unique eligibility criteria and application deadlines.
For instance, MPOWER’s Global Citizen Scholarship is available to international and DACA students, and the deadline is April 30, 2024.
On the other hand, EF Tours’ Global Citizen Scholarship is both need- and merit-based, specifically for students enrolled in an EF 2024 or 2025 tour. The application deadlines vary based on the traveler’s departure date.
Moreover, the Global Citizen Scholarship is mentioned as a virtual program aiming to empower young African leaders to launch SDG Micro-Projects in their communities.
As a result, the specific details and eligibility criteria may differ depending on the organization offering the scholarship.
Exciting News for Young African Changemakers: The Ban Ki-moon Centre’s Global Citizen Scholarship Program
Are you a passionate young African leader eager to make a positive impact in your community and contribute to achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
Look no further! The Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens (BKMC) is thrilled to announce the seventh round of the Global Citizen Scholarship Program.
What is the Global Citizenship Scholarship?
The Global Citizen Scholarship is a groundbreaking virtual program specifically designed for young African leaders like you.
This initiative aims to empower individuals to launch SDG Micro-Projects in their communities.
By participating, you not only receive comprehensive training and mentorship but also gain the opportunity to attend a one-week Summer School and expert workshops.
To be part of this transformative experience, ensure you meet the following criteria:
- Age and Citizenship: African youth aged 20 to 35 and citizens of Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ethiopia, or Kenya.
- Education: Holders of at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- Language Proficiency: Proficient in English, with a minimum level of B2.
- Passion for SDGs: Demonstrate a deep passion for the SDGs and global citizenship.
What Does the Scholarship Offer?
By being part of the Global Citizen Scholarship Program, you stand to benefit from:
- Summer School Training: Full coverage for a one-week Summer School training with MCI Innsbruck.
- Expert Workshops and Mentoring: Engage in expert workshops and peer-to-peer mentoring sessions.
- Seed Funding: Receive seed funding of $500 for your SDG Micro-Project.
- Certificate of Achievement: Upon successful project completion, receive a Certificate of Achievement signed by H.E. Ban Ki-moon and H.E. Dr. Heinz Fischer.
How to Apply
Ready to embark on this transformative journey? Here’s how:
- Nomination Form: Fill out the nomination form with your personal and professional details.
- SDG Micro-Project Idea: Provide detailed information about your SDG Micro-Project idea.
- Documentation: Attach your motivational statement, CV, and other required documents.
- Submission Deadline: Submit your application by February 25, 2024.
Don’t Miss This Opportunity!
Seize the chance to enhance your entrepreneurial skills, expand your network, and make a lasting impact on sustainable development. Apply now and be the change you wish to see in the world!
Mark your calendars for Sunday, February 25, 2024, at 10:55 PM. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by!
Ready to make a difference? Click here to submit your application!
Read next post on: Bankly Call for Application 2024: Apply for Bankly Graduate Trainee …