The Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) Nigeria is a department under the Federal Ministry of Education, led by a director who serves as the Secretary of the Board. It does not have a governing board.
Can a Graduate Apply?
No, this scholarship is for those currently studying in the universities, college of education, ND, HND and other high level of education in Nigeria.
The undergraduate students must have their current GPA result and admission letter with their school transcript, from their administration board.
Mandate of the Board:
Policy Formulation: Prepares plans for the balanced and efficient use of foreign and local scholarship and fellowship awards for Nigerian students.
May involve consultations with other agencies and bodies.
Implements federal government policy and programs for scholarship awards.
Implements commitments to bilateral education agreements and multi-lateral (Commonwealth) agreements on scholarship awards.
Implements the Presidential Special Scholarship for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) and NYSC EX-Corps Scholarship.
Collects, collates, analyzes, publishes, and disseminates information on student matters, scholarship, and fellowship awards.
Supervision and Monitoring: Supervises and monitors the activities of federal government scholars in tertiary institutions, both locally and abroad.
Coordination and Advice: Advises and coordinates state scholarship policies and programs through meetings with other secretaries of federal and state scholarship boards.
Divisions of the Board:
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA)
- Nigerian Awards
- Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship Plan
- General Duties
On-going Scholarship Applications
Federal Ministry of Education Federal Scholarship Board 2022/2023 Nigeria Award Scholarship
The Honorable Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, invites interested and qualified Nigerians to apply for the 2022/2023 Nigeria Award Scholarship, tenable in Nigeria’s public tertiary institutions.
Postgraduate/undergraduate Student: Applicants must possess a minimum of a first degree with Second Class Honours Upper Division.
Must be registered full-time students in federal or state universities.
Undergraduate Studies (UG, HND, NCE):
Must be registered full-time students in second year or above in federal or state universities, polytechnics, monotechnics, and colleges of education.
Must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) of 4.0 on a 5-point scale or 5.0 on a 7-point scale.
NCE and HND applicants must have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 on a 4-point scale.
- The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria and takes effect from the start of the academic session.
- Cannot be held at the same time as another award or for part-time studies.
- Change of course or institution is not allowed while enjoying the award.
Fields of Study Considered for the Award:
- Science and Technology
- Medicine and Para-medicals
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Environmental Sciences
How to Apply
Before you apply make sure you have a phone, laptop or a tablet, and make sure that you are a computer literate or you visit any nearby computer cafe in your area to apply.
Step 1: Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s Website
- Go to www.education.gov.ng
- Click on the Federal Scholarship Board Icon on the Home Page
Step 2: Read Guidelines and Complete the Application Form Online
- Read the guidelines carefully.
- Complete the application form online.
Step 3: Print Completed Form
- Print the completed form once you have filled it out online.
- Double entries will be disqualified.
- The registration portal will be open from 6th February 2023 to 20th March 2023
Documents to Attach
- Letter of Admission to the Institution
- CGPA Results
- Nigerian Award: 08077884418/08091155229
- Email: [email protected]
- There is no processing fee for this application.
- Beware of fraudsters
In case you missed it; we recently published a post on how to earn extra income online. You can also read it and learn on how to earn money online.