He is the son of experienced filmmakers Ifoghale Amata, Zack Amata his father, and Fred Amata. Jeta Amata has been appointed as a Goodwill Ambassador to Haiti by Haitian President Michel Joseph Martelly.
Jeta Amata Background Information
|Real Name:||Jeta Amata|
|Date of Birth:||August 21, 1974|
|Age:||48 years old @ 2022|
|State of Origin:||Benue State, Nigeria|
|Place of Birth:||Cross River State|
|Ex Wife:||Mbong Amata (M. 2008–2014)|
|Children:||Veno (Mbong) – Kessiena (Vanessa Teemsma)|
|Net Worth:||$1 Million >|
|Education:||Benue State University (Theater Arts)|
|Parents:||Zack Amata (father)|
Jeta Amata Biography
Zack Amata, a well-known Nollywood actor, is his father. He is one of West Africa’s most successful movie directors. His art is well-known and respected around the world. The actor is originally from Benue State, Nigeria.
Jeta grew up in the film industry, following his family’s passion for cinema, and produced and directed his first picture at the age of 21, so it’s no wonder that he rose in the world of film and entertainment.
Parents: Father and Mother
Jet Amata comes from a family of accomplished performers and producers that includes Zack Amata, Ifoghale Amata, and Fred Amata. In Makurdi, Nigeria, he studied Theater Arts at Benue State University.
Age and Date of Birth
Jeta Amata was born on August 21, 1974, in Cross River State, Nigeria. The Nigerian actor is currently at the age of 48 years old.
Wife and Children
He met Mbong Amata at an audition in Calabar in 2001. They started dating two years later, when she was 18 years old. They married in 2008, and Veno was born the following year. They divorced in 2014 after splitting in 2013.
Amata is presently staying with Vanessa Teemsma, who has worked on his projects, including Black November, in production. Amaya and Teemsma welcome the arrival of a boy in 2019, Kessiena Donald Amata, named after Teemsma’s father.
Jeta Amata’s Ex-Wife Mbong Remarries 8 Years After Divorce
Jeta Amata’s ex-wife Mbong has gone down the aisle again, eight years after their divorce and a few bumps in the road. The actress, who is known for her low-key social media presence, announced her remarrying and finding love again.
Mbong shared lovely images from the colorful ceremony, and she appeared completely comfortable and happy with her man as she displayed him. The mother of one revealed that God has fulfilled all of her dreams, and she can really say that her life is complete. 
“It felt fantastic to be soaked in love and surrounded by my closest friends as I celebrated my nuptials this past weekend. God has bestowed upon me the greatest of everything. I’m grateful to my husband, family, friends, those who couldn’t make it but still sent their love, vendors who worked diligently to make my day so wonderful, and, of course, everyone who made significant sacrifices to witness this day! Thankyou! Thankyou!! Thankyou!!!”
State of Origin and Place of Birth
He was born in Cross River State, Nigeria. The popular film maker is originally from Benue State, Nigeria. The actor studied Theater Arts at Benue State University in Makurdi, Nigeria.
Jeta Amata Net Worth
Jeta Amata’s net worth is unknown. Jeta Amata is a competent and professional Nigerian filmmaker with a net worth of $2 million.
The premiere of his film Alexa Affair at the 2004 Berlin Film Festival would solidify him in the minds of Nigerians, Africans, and the rest of the world as a recognized and respected Nigerian director who delivers only uplifting stories.
Amata’s film The Amazing Grace was the first Nigerian film to be screened at the renowned Cannes Film Festival, having won the Best West African Film Award at the 2006 Screen Nations Awards UK.
It is the only Nigerian film to have received a theatrical release in the United States. It’s available in American stores and on websites like Netflix. Jeta was soon famous for films such as Inale and Mary Slessor.
Amata’s most recent film, Black November, premiered at the United Nations during the General Assembly in 2012 and was also shown at the Kennedy Center and the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. The film inspired members of the 112th United States Congress to sponsor a bipartisan resolution on Nigeria’s Niger Delta, H.CON.RES.121.
Amata’s documentary Into the Delta, about the situation in the Niger Delta, was exhibited at nine universities in the United States, including NYU, George Washington University, UCLA, and Cornell. Amata has collaborated with Oscar winner Kim Basinger, Oscar nominee Mickey Rourke, and music superstars Akon and Wyclef Jean.
Awards and Nominations
- Verona International African Film Festival, Best Film, Black November, 2011
- Verona International African Film Festival, Audience Award, Black November, 2011
- Monaco International Film Festival, Most Entertaining Film, Inale, 2011
- Copenhagen Nollywood Festival, Best Film, Black November, 2011
- American Black Film Festival (ABFF), Best Director (nominated), Black November, 2011
- American Black Film Festival (ABFF), Best Picture (nominated), Black November, 2011
- American Black Film Festival (ABFF), Best Screenplay, Black November, 2011
- Nigerian Entertainment Awards, Best Film, Inale, 2011
- African Academy Movie Awards AAMA, Best Nigerian Film (nominated), Inale, 2011
- NFVSB Awards Nigeria, Best Film, Inale, 2010
- Abuja International Film Festival, Audience Awards, Mary Slessor, 2009
- Abuja International Film Festival, Best Short, Mary Slessor, 2009
- SIMA AWARDS, Best Director, The Amazing Grace, 2008
- Screen Nations Awards, Best West African Film, The Amazing Grace, 2007
- Nigeria Movie Awards NMA, Best Director (nominated), The Amazing Grace, 2007
- Nigeria Movie Awards NMA, Best Picture (nominated), The Amazing Grace, 2007
- Nigeria Movie Awards NMA, Best Cinematography, The Amazing Grace, 2007
- African Academy Movie Awards AAMA, Best Director (nominated), The Amazing Grace, 2006
- African Academy Movie Awards AAMA, Best Cinematography, The Amazing Grace, 2006
- African Academy Movie Awards AAMA, Best Picture (nominated), The Amazing Grace, 2006
- African Academy Movie Awards AAMA, Best Screenplay (nominated), The Amazing Grace, 2006 
Jeta Amata biography and net worth conclusion; His work first went global in 2003, when he made a documentary video for the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) utilizing material from his film “Game of Life.”
He has 53 nominations and 10 wins for cinema prizes in Africa, Europe, and the United States, and is regarded as one of West Africa’s most accomplished filmmakers.
My ambition as a child was to become an accountant, but life took me to where I am today. Blogging became one of my Hobby since I was 16, and I took it as a profession when I turned 22.