The inauguration ceremony at the Eagles Square in Abuja marked a historic moment for Nigeria as Bola Ahmed Tinubu took the oath of office to become the country’s 5th president.
The event, attended by several African presidents and foreign dignitaries, showcased the democratic transition of power in Africa’s most populous nation.
With President Muhammadu Buhari officially handing over leadership to Tinubu, the inauguration ceremony was a significant milestone for Nigeria.
The inauguration ceremony held at the Eagles Square in Abuja witnessed an array of notable guests and dignitaries. Among them were 22 heads of states, members of the diplomatic corps, and legislators of the Federation.
The event commenced with the Chief Justice of Nigeria administering the oath of office to Vice President Kashim Shettima, followed by President-elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Prominent Figures in Attendance
The outgoing President, Muhammadu Buhari, graced the ceremony along with the First Lady, while Vice President Yemi Osinbajo was also present. Seated ahead of them were the newly elected leaders, President Tinubu and Vice President Shettima.
Notably, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, was also in attendance, adding to the significance of the event.
Democratic Transition of Power
The transition of power from President Buhari to President Tinubu signified a peaceful and democratic transfer of authority in Nigeria. The February 25 general elections saw Tinubu emerge as the victor, earning him the opportunity to lead Africa’s most populous country.
As former Vice President Yemi Osinbajo left the Eagles Square after the ceremony, the new administration officially took charge, commencing a new chapter in Nigeria’s political landscape.
Tinubu’s Inauguration Order of Events
The Eagle Square is currently hosting an inauguration ceremony to officially swear-in Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the 16th democratically elected President of Nigeria. Channels Television has obtained a detailed program of the event.
- Invited dignitaries to be seated at Eagles Square.
- The President Elect and Vice President Elect arrives.
- Outgoing President (PMB) and VP (PYO) arrives.
- Outgoing VP takes his last salute.
- Outgoing President takes his last salute.
- Outgoing ADC hands over old military colours to Outgoing President.
- CJN will be invited to swear in new VP.
- CJN swears in the new President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Immediate Past President (PMB) hands over new colours to the new President & instrument of office.
- Former President leaves for Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport enroute Katsina (using a different car that brought him to the venue).
- PMB takes off for Katsina (With 001 for the last time).
- The new President takes his first salute and inspect the Guards of Honour.
- New President addresses the nation for the first time as President and Commander in Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces.
- President drives to the Villa (using the official vehicle that brought PMB to the venue)
- New President host visiting Presidents/ Head of State/ head of delegation/ Ambassadors / Development Partners/ former Ministers/ members of NASS especially.
- In the evening, there will be a state banquet to toast to the new President.
- Work starts on May 30, 2023.
The inauguration ceremony of Bola Ahmed Tinubu as Nigeria’s 5th president showcased the nation’s commitment to democratic processes and peaceful transitions of power.
With several African presidents and foreign dignitaries in attendance, the event garnered significant attention both domestically and internationally.
As Nigeria embarks on a new era under the leadership of President Tinubu, the hopes and aspirations of its people are directed towards progress, development, and prosperity.
Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s Inauguration full Speech coming soon!
My ambition as a child was to become an accountant, but life took me to where I am today. Blogging became one of my Hobby since I was 16, and I took it as a profession when I turned 22.